504 Case Manager
Case Management: Each student that receives special education services, has a 504 accommodation plan, or is involved in the SRBI process is assigned a case manager. The case manager collaborates with parents, administrators, general education teachers and related services personnel to ensure that student needs are understood, proper supports are in place, and individual plans are being implemented.
- Primary contact for parent or guardian.
- Communicate progress on a consistent basis.
- Advocate for the student.
- Convene the team when needed.
Additional case management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for communicating important information relative to your student’s program;
- Manages the implementation of your student’s plan;
- Communicate consistently with general education teachers regarding your student;
- Provide current information regarding academic /behavioral performance and progress;
- Supports the student in advocating for his/her learning needs;
- Assists the student in meeting their own responsibilities and increasing their independence as a student at Woodstock Academy.
- Alert Director when issues arise.